Diversion

Thursday, April 19, 2012

Hitting the Monthly Number - One Percent

Hi readers -

It may seem that way, but actually it's not been so quiet at Rescue My IRA.  I've just been traveling a lot lately and haven't been able to get regular posts up.

I have been continuing with my trading plan in the meantime, which means for the most part I have been doing some roll-outs on covered call contracts that were due to expire out of the money in April.

In fact, I've done that six times this month - and I have been able to generate nearly $1,300 in call premium profits.  The downside, I have a bunch of transactions to post and I will get them up as soon as I can.  The upside?  Combined with the stock gains on my called away T position earlier this month, which earned $158, the account has met my monthly goal of a one percent per month return, based on the December 31, 2011 account value.

I have two positions left with April expiries - CSX 22.50s and a NVS 55.  The CSX is out of the money, and the NVS is just barely in the money.  We'll see how those end up on Friday.

In the meantime, I'll try to get the recap post up on the other six trades - WAG, MSFT, COP, HAL, ITW, and ACM.

Best,
Rescue Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment