Diversion

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

April Roll-outs: Seven (7!) Positions


With so many April positions coming up in a sideways trading market, it was clear that I would not see too many of my contracts assigned.  Plus, I traveled for most of the month, working on deadline, so I got way behind on posting here to the blog. 

But in essence, the strategy for the month was based on a decision to do a bunch of roll-outs, which is an approach a lot of my mentors in the covered call community would advise.

When all is said and done, I have rolled out seven positions this month, keeping the same strike prices and pushing out expiration a month or two.  Unfortunately, I couldn’t always find the returns I need in the next month, May, so I have gone further out on some of these.

Here’s a recap of the roll-outs, just summarizing based on the net trades:


No comments:

Post a Comment