Diversion

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

COP: BTC

Last Friday, after watching the stock price of COP begin to decline for a week or so - in anticipation of a dividend declaration that will likely sport an increase, mind you - I decided I would do a buy-to-close BTC on my 72.50 Jan 2012 for the stock.  My out of pocket was $22.50.

COP usually declares a dividend in February and what I am seeing around the investing community is that this year's February dividend will include an increase.  There's also a bit of news about strategic developments within the company as they prepare to spin off some assets. 

Including the estimated dividend of $66 and the call premiums to date of $114, my returns on these shares is  about 8% annualized (I've held the shares since October).  I think I will continue to hold, but wait until the dividend declaration and earnings have been reported.

No comments:

Post a Comment