Diversion

Monday, March 24, 2014

IP - Rolling Out and Up

I’m still rebuilding my portfolio data, which was lost when my old laptop crashed.  Just rebuilt the proforma spreadsheet for IP, which I rolled out and up last week – so here is an adjustment post about that transaction.

I’ve traded in and out of IP since the beginning of Rescue My IRA.  My current position is the longest I’ve held any contract on these shares.  IP has been bumping along at the top of its trading range, and its failure to break through to a new high has meant I have ended up holding it for the long haul.

Here’s the analysis of the position, net of fees and commissions, and assuming I collect dividends through the holding period.

IP

This is a 200-share position with a basis of $9,592.00, or $47.96 per share.  I have been selling strikes between $47 and $49 strikes and rolling them monthly; the current contract expires in July 2014.

Total covered call premiums:  $684.40
Total dividend payments:  $330.00
Total stock gain at $49:  $190.00
 Total, absolute gain on the position:  $1,204.40
Total, absolute return percentage ($1,204.40/$9,592.00):  12.56%


Annualized total return percentage (held approx 425 days):  10.78%

No comments:

Post a Comment