Diversion

Sunday, August 19, 2012

Another Hat Trick with IP


My IP position was called away at options expiration last Friday.  I established this position last month, after looking ahead for stocks that would go ex-dividend during the week of monthly options expirations and calculating for an early assignment.  That didn’t happen, and as a result, I scored a hat trick with this latest IP position. 

As it turns out, this is the third time I’ve taken a position in IP, and all three times I scored the hat trick, with option premiums, dividends, and stock gains.  The previous times were in November 2011, when I first opened the Rescue My IRA account, and again at the beginning of 2012. 

So I like this stock – I think I first learned about it from one of the traders on the Yahoo Covered Calls board.

Here’s the history of this most recent position:

IP – 300 Shares, average basis $32.02, 33 Aug 2012 assigned
Option Premiums (total):  $140.23
Dividends Collected (ex-dividend 8/13/2012:  $78.75
Stock Gain:  $275.89
Total:  $494.87
Absolute return 5.15%
Annualized return (30 days) 62.67%

No comments:

Post a Comment