Diversion

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Quick Update - May Dividends

Yesterday was the final ex-dividend date for holdings in my Rescue My IRA account.  I've included a snippet of the little table I use to track dividend payments every month here on the left.

The PSX shares that were spun off out of COP are included at the value I sold them for...when all is summed, there was a total return of nearly $1,900 this month, or nearly 1.5% on my December statement value.  If the PSX is left out, the value of the dividends falls to around 0.3%, which would likely annualize out to between 2 and 4%, which is my goal in the account for income sourced out of dividends.

I had hoped that three of these holdings - GLW, NOC, and ADM, specifically - would be close to their strike price at the ex-dividend date, but that wasn't the case this month.  I would have some good capital gains to show for those, but it didn't turn out that way.

Still a couple of trading days left to May - we'll see how it goes in the market, but I think I'm going to quietly finish out the month without any more transactions.

If not, the next post will be the monthly wrap.  BTW - enjoy the new video at the top of the page.

No comments:

Post a Comment